FROM THE FILES OF THE FBI 276
I, LORRAINE ANNE COVENTRY of 7 Copse Close East Grinstead in the County
of Sussex, Housewife, solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:
1. On the 3rd April 1974 between the hours of 10.45 and 11.30 in the
evening, I watched a broadcast on BBC Television entitled "Midweek Special
- Don't Shoot G-man!" (report on the Federal Bureau of Investigation).
2. During the course of the said broadcast the present Director of the
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Clarence M. Kelly [sic], was interviewed
with particular reference to the filing system of the said Federal Bureau
3. Mr. Kelly [sic] stated that a large part of the information on the
files in possession of the Federal Bureau of Investigation is raw
unevaluated data. The truth or falsity of which the Federal Bureau of
Investigation is unable to verify.
4. Nevertheless Mr. Kelly [sic] said that the Federal Bureau of
Investigation was obliged to act upon such information but he made it
quite clear that if inaccuracies or falsehoods were brought to the
attention of the Federal Bureau of Investigation concerning such
information in its possession that the Federal Bureau of Investigation
would take immediate steps to put the matter right.
And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to
be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statuatory Declaration Act
Declared at 1. W[?] Street
East Grinstead Sussex
this third day of May 1974 [signed] Lorraine A. Coventry
[signed] Arthur A. White
A Commissioner for Oaths.