"Wgert and one or more other scientologists have managed to have Grady Ward's connection to the net terminated solely for the content of posts to ars. Once again the true nature of scientology, its intolerance, and lack of respect for free speech has been made clear.
"Regardless of your opinion regarding the contents of any of Grady's posts there is only one opinion regarding free speech - either your for it for everyone, or your against it. Over the coming years, as smaller ISPs are gobbled up and corporate interests gain further dominance of the medium, free speech will be challenged again and again.
"We need to stand up now and hammer those responsisble for each and every attempt to prevent the free flow of information on the net. The person primarily responsible for removing Grady from the net is firstname.lastname@example.org. Let him know what you think about content-based censorship. A copy to email@example.com probably wouldn't hurt."Zane"
OCTOBER 16TH 1997:
- Keith Henson posts the first report
- Zane Thomas calls Jim Clearley at tidepool.com
- Respons to Tidepool by Andrew Conwaye
OCTOBER 17TH 1997
- The mail by wgert that lead to the cancellation
- People now react in disgust by mailing a lot of Scientology cult secrets to the newsgroup!
- Respons to Tidepool by Frank Copeland
- Respons to Tidepool by Andreas Heldal-Lund
- Deana M. Holmes reports that wgert lies.
- Respons to Tidepool by Deana M. Holmes
- Mike O'Conner quotes cult lawyer Helena K Kobrin
- Respons to Tidepool by "John Smith"
- Grady sends a post with details from an alternat account
- Grady corrects the e-mail address in the sig
- Respons to Tidepool by Roger Gonnet
- New respons to Tidlepool by Andreas Heldal-Lund
- Respons to Tidepool by Ralph Hilton
- Respons to Tidepool by Ted
- Respons to Tidepool by Ted Mayett
- Respons to Tidepool by Keith Bennett
- Baba ROM DOS defines where the buyers of Tidepool possibly can be influenced
- Pan posts information about the new owners of Tidepool (Internet Ventures Inc.)
- Tilman plan to do to wgert what wgert does to others
- Does wgert use false name?
- Zane Thomas reports talking to Tidepool again.
- Anti-Cult answers wgert
- Fax sent to Tidepool by Dave Bird
- Respons to Tidepool by Clark O. Morgan
- If informed, who would invest in Internet Ventures Inc.?
- Respons to Tidepool by Joe Cisar
OCTOBER 18TH 1997
- Fax sent to Tidepool by Geoff Burling
- Grady comments on the Terms and Conditions that was changed after he lost the account
- Deana M. Holmes comments the TAC too
- Grady prepares lawsuit and asks for assistance
- Grady sends a letter to two investors in Internet Ventures, Inc.
- Grady reports a web page with names and bios of the officers of Internet Ventures, Inc.
- Zed answers wgert
- Letter sent IVI by Roger Gonnet
- Second respons to Tidepool by Rod Keller
- Respons to Tidepool by David Alexander
- Zane reports which ISP's to avoid
OCTOBER 19TH 1997
- Deana M. Holmes gives a good lecture in the law
- Rob Clark gives an ultimatum
- Tidepool Violates Own TOC? (Zane)
- Dave Bird asks loop.com what role wgert has there
- Where to see both the old and the new TOC
- Potty-Mouth FAQ v.1.03 - by Grady
OCTOBER 19TH 1997
- Grady comments on the edited TOS
- This page stops here for now, to follow the further day to day news, please join the newsgroup alt.religion.scientology, where it all started! Important news posted by Grady or others will be added.
FLASH! (October 25th 1997)
- Tidepool rescinds decision to terminate firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet Ventures, Inc. (Response)
- Replied by "Information Security"
- Replied by Keith Henson
- Replied by "Baba ROM DOS"
- Replied by Frank Copeland
- Replied by Dave Bird
- Replied by Ron Newman
- Replied by William Barwell
- Replied by Deana M. Holmes
- Replied by Ex Mudder
- Replied by Martin Hunt
- Replied by Bill Stewart-Cole
- Replied by Andreas Heldal-Lund
- Replied by Keith Cochran
- Replied by Zane Thomas
- Replied by Christopher L. Tumber
- Replied by Tilman Hausherr
- Replied by Mike O'Connor
- Replied by Ted
- Replied by Len Nieman
- Replied by Neil Woods
- Replied by Andrew Conway
- Replied by Andy Collier
- Replied by Matt Ouimette
- Replied by John E. Bredehoft
- Replied by icartist
OCTOBER 30TH 1997
- Something is finally happening, Grady's account being restored by Tidepool!?
- Grady's new mail address: email@example.com
- Check if his account still is closed!
- The Church of Scientology vs. Grady Ward (last rev: July 24, 1996)
- Court depositions of Grady Ward and Keith Henson (RealAudio)
- Cult lawyer Helena Kobrin writes to Grady Ward, 27 Feb 1995
- Revolt In The Stars (Summarised by Grady Ward)
- Fair Game - what Scientologist do to critics! :-(
- In 1995 they tried to close down the newsgroup!
- The newsgroup alt.religion.scientology
- Alt.Religion.Scientology FAQ v1.3
- Alt.Religion.Scientology Week In Review
- Operation Foot Bullet - how come CoS end up harming only themselves when attacking critics?
- Operation Clambake - Get the Secret Scientology Scriptures!
END OF FILE - NOT END OF CASE!